Sources of further information on the Hull & Barnsley Railway.
Websites with H&BR content
- The LNER Encylopedia
- The Railway Heritage Register Carriage Survey Project has details and photographs of the surviving H&BR coaches and tool van.
- There are some pictures of the Hull and Barnsley Railway at the Lincolnshire & East Yorkshire Transport Review.
- British signal boxes, including a photograph and history of the H&BR box at Denaby.
- Pre-1923 Railway Junction Diagrams. Numbers 023, 028 and 109 show H&BR routes.
- Disused stations. Photos and information about Cannon Street, Little Weighton, North Cave, South Cave, Wallingfen and Sandholme stations.
Other useful links
- The Hull & Barnsley Railway Stock Fund is a member of the Heritage Railway Association.
- Goathland station on the North York Moors Railway is the home of our rolling stock.
- References to published photographs of railway stations in Britain and Ireland, including H&BR stations.
- The LNER Coach Association was formed in 1980 to obtain, and restore ex-LNER and constituent companies' vehicles.
- The North Eastern Railway Association.
- The Historical Model Railway Society has details of some photographs of the railway.
- The 53A Models collection of photos of railways around Kingston upon Hull.
Selected books on the Hull &: Barnsley Railway.
The former H&BR near South Cave in June 1963. Enlarge
© Peter Brumby/53A Models
The Hull & Barnsley Railway Volume 1
Ken Hoole (editor), David & Charles (1972)
The Hull & Barnsley Railway Volume 2
B Hinchcliffe (editor), Turntable Publications (1980)
Building the Hull & Barnsley Railway
Hull City Museums Bulletin Number 17 (1985)
Life and Times of the Hull & Barnsley Railway
Ted Dodsworth, Hutton Press (1990)
An Illustrated History of Hull & Barnsley Railway Locomotives
Martin Barker, Challenger Publications (1996)
Locomotives of the Hull & Barnsley Railway
Ron Prattley, HMRS (1997)
Railway Memories No 12. The Hull & Barnsley Railway
Stephen Chapman, Bellcode books (1999)
An Album of Hull & Barnsley Railway Engines and Rolling Stock 1885
Martin Barker, North Eastern Railway Association (2004)
Class A (LNER Q10) 0-8-0 4mm/1ft scale drawings.
Railway Modeller March 1979.
4mm/ft scale kit from Zenith Works.
Class G1 (originally A) 0-6-0T 4mm/1ft scale drawings.
Model Railway News July 1966
Class K 0-4-0WT 7mm/1ft scale drawings.
British Railway Modelling July 2001
Class L 0-6-0 (LNER J28) 4mm/1ft scale drawings.
Railway Modeller September 1976
Class LS 0-6-0 (LNER J28) 4mm/1ft scale drawings.
Railway Modeller January 1999
Liveries of the Hull & Barnsley Railway
British Railway Modelling April 1995
- London Road Models produce a H&BR horsebox kit in 4mm/1ft scale.
- Fourtrack Models produce an etched brass H&BR horsebox kit in 7mm/1ft scale.
The Hull & Barnsley Railway Stock Fund is not responsible for the contents of external websites.
If you know of any other relevant sites, or find anything is broken, let us know.
Please feel free to link to the Hull and Barnsley Railway Stock Fund homepage at